Pipeline Integrity Engineer1 Vacantes
Pipeline en Los Angeles, California
- Categoría: Construction
- Subcategoría Pipeline
- Localidad: Los Angeles
- Activo desde: 23/02/2021 - 19:02:07 pm
- Cantidad de Vacantes: 1
Great benefits - No Layoffs - 2+ years for junior level roles, California PE needed for Senior role.
Sign On Bonus to assist with relocation
No sponsorship available
Senior Engineer as well as Engineer 1 & Engineer 2 level opportunities
PIPELINE INTEGRITY ENGINEER ? Senior, Engineer 1 & Engineer 2
Determines fitness-for-service of high-pressure gas pipeline assets using data obtained from in-line inspection (ILI), pressure test, Direct Assessment (e.g. ECDA, ICDA and SCCDA) and direct examinations (i.e. nondestructive evaluations). Establishes the appropriate technologies/methodologies to inspect assets, analyzes and validates assessment data, performs remaining strength calculations for pipeline features (e.g. RSTRENG, API 579, etc.) and determines appropriate response to maintain asset integrity. May prepare and/or assist in the development of integrity management program initiatives.
- Provide technical expertise to one or multiple project teams for the evaluation of, and resolution to, engineering problems and designs involving various engineering disciplines.
- Evaluate job requests to determine purpose, scope and requirements including analysis of customer-owned generation equipment. May include the assessment of alternative methods, assessment of outside support requirements, and review of Gas Standards or regulatory' agency codes.
- Gather data, perform calculations, and prepare designs to develop technically sound findings, conclusions and recommendations. Follow up on implementation of recommendations and/or acceptance of conclusions to assess accuracy and/or completeness.
- Manage and coordinate all activities leading to the successful completion of tasks and large projects including, scoping of project, cost estimates, budgeting, design and start-up.
- Development or improvement of program processes.
- Develop and provide input on Gas Standards that govern the selection, design, application and operation of engineered components which meet customer needs on a long-term basis and with optimum economic considerations.
- Stay abreast of the latest changes, trends, and technological advancements in the industry.
- Interpret state and federal codes, industry standards and specifications for customers and internal clients. Participate in, and provide technical input to, review of proposed changes to codes and standards. Recommend modifications to Gas Standards that reflect regulatory changes.
- Provide direction to contractors, consultants, Company engineers, technical specialists, and the remainder of the project team.
- B.S. in Engineering required. Master' s Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline and business training is desirable. Licensed as a professional engineer in the state of California or equivalent professional certification is highly desirable.
- Senior Engineer: 5+ year' s previous related engineering experience and PE
- Engineer 1: 4 -- 5 year' s previous related engineering experience including experience at the Engineer II level.
- Engineer 2: 3+ years related engineering experience
- Requires knowledge of engineering practices and concepts, cost analysis, and Company policies.
- Coordinates the activities of, and has overall responsibility for, multiple, concurrent projects and/or tasks, which require the ability to plan and manage work load so that assignments are completed on time and in proper priority.
- Must possess the ability to review problems and propose innovative solutions, which involve technical, operational, and economic issues, and may link new concepts and technologies.
- Ability to provide direction and guidance to fellow engineers.
- Must be able to determine project requirements and the resources required and assign tasks to team members.
- Utilize departmental control system and maintain budget and schedule to ensure successful completion of the project or task.
- Requires ability to identify the potential financial implications, as well as the impact that the project or task has on existing Company programs and procedures.
- Understanding of systematic/scientific approaches to problem solving, and the ability to apply them in daily operations.
- Apply engineering/technical principles to analyze and resolve problems.
- Must possess the ability to effectively interact with various departments to maintain open lines of communication.
- Must clearly and concisely communicate technical and non-technical information and concepts with various levels of management in both formal and informal settings.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and database analysis tools.