Pipeline Integrity Engineer I1 Vacantes
Pipeline en Los Angeles, California
- Categoría: Construction
- Subcategoría Pipeline
- Localidad: Los Angeles
- Activo desde: 13/08/2019 - 17:58:42 pm
- Jornada: Full Time
- Tipo de Contrato: Employee
- Cantidad de Vacantes: 1
Pipeline Risk Management and Risk Analysis is a MUST!
Applies a high level of technical expertise to solve Distribution Integrity Program (DIMP) and Risk Assessment. Requires in-depth knowledge in regulations, standards and evaluation of risk regarding DIMP and provides technical expertise regarding DIMP Risk & Threat to Gas Engineering & System Integrity organization. Also provides technical expertise to multiple project teams for the evaluation of, and resolution of engineering
problems and designs involving various engineering disciplines. Evaluate job requests to determine purpose, scope
and requirements. May include the assessment of alternative methods, assessment of outside support requirements, and review of Company or natural gas industry regulatory codes. In addition, may assists in the preparation of engineering designs, specifications, standards, studies, cost estimates and the development of sound technical recommendations, in support of projects and tasks managed by others within Gas Engineering & System Integrity organization and other departments. Directs and assists team members, both Company employees and outside contractors, in the completion of their work. Coordinates input from, and participation with, various departments within the Company as needed to meet project objectives.
- Develop and manage company standards, specifications and procedures governing Distribution Integrity
Management Program, specifically regarding Risk & Threats.
- Interpret state and federal codes, industry standards and Company specifications. Participate in, and provide technical input to, review of proposed changes in regulatory requirements affecting codes and standards. Recommend modifications to Company policy and procedures that reflect regulatory changes.
- Gather data, perform calculations and prepare designs to develop technically sound findings, conclusions and recommendations. Follow up on implementation of recommendations and/or acceptance of conclusions to assess accuracy and/or completeness.
- Manage and coordinate all activities leading to the successful completion of tasks and small projects including, seeping of project, selection of consultants and/or contractors, cost estimates, budgeting, permitting, design, material procurement and start-up.
- Stay abreast of the latest changes, trends and technological advancements in the industry through attendance at conferences and seminars, continuing education, literature, etc. Maintain familiarity with Company operations to effectively support client requests.
- Must possess the ability to review problems and propose innovative solutions, which involve technical, operational, and economic issues, and may link new concepts and technologies.
-Requires knowledge of engineering practices and concepts and Company operating practices and policies. Experience in Distribution Operation is desirable.
-Understanding of systematic/scientific approaches to problem solving, and the ability to apply them in daily operations. Also able to effectively interact with various departments to maintain open lines of communication.
- Requires ability to identify the potential financial implications, as well as the impact that the project or task has on existing Company facilities, operating philosophies and procedures.
- Familiar with federal code, state code and other industry standards relating to natural gas business.
- Must be able to determine project requirements and the resources required for completion. Coordinates the activities of, and has overall responsibility for, multiple, concurrent projects and/or tasks, which require the ability to plan and manage work load so that assignments are completed on time and in proper priority.
- Must clearly and concisely communicate technical information and concepts with various levels of management in both formal and informal settings.
- Must be able to prepare written communications on technical and non-technical matters for various levels of management.
B.S. in Metallurgy, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering or other technical discipline required. Experience in statistical analysis and/or Risk Assessment it highly desirable. Completion of the state Engineer-In-Training or equivalent Company certificate is desirable. Licensed as a professional engineer in the state of California or equivalent professional certification is highly desirable.
Strong computer skills are required to demonstrate competency in company supported desktop software (i.e., Microsoft Products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio). Knowledge of database environments (i.e., Access, SQL) is desirable