Transportation Manager1 Vacantes
en Fremont, California
- Localidad: Fremont
- Activo desde: 12/10/2019 - 23:02:19 pm
- Cantidad de Vacantes: 1
DCL Logistics is a 3PL that offers state of the art ecommerce and retail fulfillment services in the United States with facilities in California and Kentucky. We offer customized solutions that are designed to reduce costs, increase productivity, and improve the value of our clients' brand.
Our rapidly growing third party logistics company (3PL) seeks a Transportation Manager, who will be the leader for all transportation functions including small parcel (domestic and international) and LTL/FTL. The Transportation Manager will manage the transportation team currently in place, located in both Fremont and Ontario, California. This role is located at HQ and reports to the VP of Operations.
You can take a peek inside of our Kentucky facility at https://youtu.be/hD8WSwwnAwo
- Keen understanding of the market and industry trends and a motivation for incorporating services that will meet the demands of our customer base
- Adjust transportation strategies to meet changing market and competitive conditions by developing an in-depth knowledge of customer requirements, understanding of external capabilities to meet these requirements insuring transportation strategies exceed business goals
- Spearhead and evaluate new small parcel and LTL/FTL offerings that either add or complement our existing service offerings.
- Develop and implement transportation and logistics services through contract negotiations to: support client initiatives and optimize lead time and cost
- Manage freight carrier relationships, own and negotiate logistics contracts, identifying ways to reduce to transportation cost
- Present value to our customers by optimizing their freight mix by analyzing characteristics such cost, delivery times, and other requirements
- Analyze logistics contracts and perform ad-hoc pricing scenarios of current and prospective customers to determine margin and pricing outcomes
- Measure and report margins across all service offerings
- Troubleshoot and resolve transportation and logistics issues that arise from distribution centers
Required education, knowledge, skills, and experience
- Bachelor?s Degree, preferably in Supply Chain, Logistics, or related field
- 7+ years of management experience in transportation contract and analysis roles with small parcel and LTL/FTL
- Must have a strong quantitative background, an intuitive grasp of data
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills. Should be well-versed in math.
- Experience with BI platforms such as Tableau
- Experience articulate findings and presenting to senior leadership teams
- While we don?t offer freight forwarding as a service, experience in this area is preferred
- Knowledge of a 3PL business, preferably with experience working at a 3PL
- Technologically-inclined. Must gravitate to understanding IT systems and how they support an operation