Wildland Firefighter1 Vacantes
Wildland Firefighter en Vail, Colorado
- Categoría: Protective Services
- Subcategoría Wildland Firefighter
- Localidad: Vail
- Activo desde: 13/01/2021 - 16:03:07 pm
- Cantidad de Vacantes: 1
We move mountains to save life
Accepting applications through January 31st, 2021
Employment dates expected: May - October
Vail Fire and Emergency services is seeking motivated, experienced and physically fit candidates to join our wildland program. The Vail Fire Wildland program is a hybrid fuels and suppression program. The program operates two type 6 engine modules for initial attack and national dispatch. As a wildland firefighter for the Vail wildland program you will participate in fuels reduction including; tree cutting and falling, piling of trees and slash, wildfire home hazard assessments and fire operations including; engine and pump operations, wildland fire suppression and prescribed fire operations.
Response: Wildland Firefighters will respond to all wildfires within the 200 square mile Vail Fire response area as well as mutual aid requests throughout Eagle County. Elevation range within the response area is 6,000-14,000 feet above sea level with many steep and rugged slopes. The modules may also be utilized for other types of all hazard calls as appropriate. Employees will be available for national dispatch as local fire conditionals allow. Employees may be exposed to extreme temperature variations, extended work hours, dust and smoke, insect bites and other unpredictable working conditions.
Schedule: The season will run May through Oct. Employees will work either a 4 day - 10 hour or 5 day- 8 hour schedule based on module and department need. Overtime is based on fire activity and need.
Housing: The Town of Vail offers several different options for employees. Employee housing is available on a limited basis.
It is important that individuals applying meet the following requirements:
- High School diploma
- Valid Colorado driver's license or ability to obtain one with 30 days of start
- Successfully completed the Primary NWCG Core Requirement of Firefighter Type 2 (FFT2)(S130, S190,L180, I100)
- Must be able to pass the arduous level pack test upon start of season
- Must have the physical ability to use manual power tools and perform strenuous manual tasks related to wildland firefighting and fire mitigation in an outdoor environment under a variety of weather conditions.
- Any employee desiring to participate in off unit fire assignments will be required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination
- Faller Type 3 trainee (FALA(t)) (S-212) - Highly preferred. Candidates not possessing this qualification will be required to complete this department provided training as a condition of hire.
- Faller Type 2 (FALB) (S-212 and completed task book or equivalent)
- Successfully completed the Primary NWCG Core Requirement of Firefighter Type 1 (FFT1)
- Successfully completed the Primary NWCG Core Requirement of Incident commander type 5 (ICT5)
- Commercial drivers licenses class B or ability to obtain
- Certified EMT Basic
- 1+ seasons experience wildland firefighting
Experience/ qualification with low angle rescue, swift water or search and rescue
All job offers will be contingent upon satisfactory background check, pre-employment drug screening, medical/fit for duty exam.
Preference will be given to applicants that can commit to work the entire season. Candidates must be able to work any shift including holidays and weekends.
Are you interested in living and working in Vail, CO? Vail, which is centrally located in the Rocky Mountains, offers easy access to Denver (100 miles to the east) and is surrounded by the White River National Forest, offering world class outdoor activities in summer and winter (skiing, snowboarding, hiking, biking, white water).
When asked, most of our employees say that working for the Town of Vail feels like family. Our values-based culture is nurtured by the employees? strong desire to foster teamwork, take ownership in Vail?s future and an overall pride for serving their community. Let?s not forget that our efforts not only benefit the community but also allow us to enjoy the spectacular amenities and culture in the Vail Valley which we call home! To find out more about our community, please visit our website www.vailgov.com and click on Vail Information.
As a Seasonal employee we encourage you to enjoy the local outdoor activities that brought you here! Employees will be provided with a Golf & Tennis pass and may be eligible for a season end bonus, boot allowance and paid sick leave.