Pest Control Service Technician1 Vacantes
Entomologist en Washington, District Of Columbia
- Categoría: Life Science
- Subcategoría Entomologist
- Localidad: Washington
- Activo desde: 13/01/2021 - 15:31:03 pm
- Cantidad de Vacantes: 1
If you're looking to take on a new challenge while making a difference in the health and well-being of your community, American Pest might be the place for you! We offer a stable career opportunity that provides flexibility, a fast-paced working environment, freedom to work in the field, and the ability to help others. We offer competitive earnings, paid training, and the opportunity for a long-term career.
People come to pest control from a wide variety of fields: route/delivery drivers and managers, retail, customer service, construction, military veterans, lawncare, warehouse, uniform delivery, restaurants, hospitals, hotels...the list goes on! The bottom line is if you're a motivated, hard-working person with a positive mindset, we have no problem training you to start a new career!
If that sounds like a good fit for you, let's talk!
American Pest is proud to offer our employees a host of outstanding benefits!
What You'll Get...We want to help our employees build not just a great career, but a great future. When you put your skills to work with American Pest, you'll have access to these great benefits!
Health and Well-being:
- Cignamedical insurance plan options to fit your individual needs including EPO & PPO
- Prescription drug program
- Dental & Vision plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and childcare expenses
- Health Savings Plans (HSA) available with qualified plans for medical expenses
- Free local gym membership
- Competitive hourly compensation
- 401(k) Savings Plans (Traditional & Roth)
- Life insurance, 100% company paid (with options to buy up)
- Long and short-term disability, Accident, Critical Illness, and Hospital Indemnity insurance options
- Full time, year-round employment
- 30-Day paid training and in-depth orientation
- A highly experienced team of professionals to work with including several PhD Entomologists, Board Certified Entomologists, and Associate Certified Entomologists
- A take home company vehiclefor field positions
- Paid time off including eightpaid holidays
- A peer-to-peer employee recognition program
- Prizes, giveaways, and advancement opportunities
What You'll Do... As a Pest Control Technician with American Pest, you will provide the vital link between our company and our clients through exceptional customer service. You'll spend your day traveling to appointments and meeting with customers to assess pest problems in and around their homes, apartments, offices, and workplaces and executing specialized treatment plans. You will seek to solve existing pest problems and recommend corrective actions to prevent future pest problems. Overall, you'll spend your day helping other people in the community by solving their pest challenges, building long-term relationships with those on your route, and protecting their homes and businesses.
Who You Are...So, what does it take to be a successful technician at American Pest? For starters, you'll be at least 18 years of age and be enthusiastic and dedicated with an eye for customer service. You'll also have...
- The ability to safely move about customer locations, ascend/descend stairs and ladders to service out of the way areas, and position self to conduct service under/around furniture, equipment, and tight spaces
- The ability to safely move items and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- The ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Technical proficiency with computers, smart phones, etc.
- A valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- The ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Solid attention to detail
- Legal eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule (between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.)
- Availability to work some weekends
- High school degree or equivalent
Who We Are...Founded in 1925, American Pest is a fun and energetic mid-size company located in the newly-developed community of Maple Lawn, in Fulton, Maryland (Howard County). We are a great company with a modern, attractive office with access to the latest technology. Within the last two years, we've doubled in size and currently employ 270 employees with 9 remote workers from Tampa, Florida to St. Louis, Missouri! Being part of American Pest means doing your best, every single day, to effect positive change for our customer and our community.
American Pest is part of Anticimex, a global pest control organization with a mission of being the leader in modern pest management. Our company culture embraces communication and teamwork, dependability, innovation, growth, technology, and integrity as we strive to become the global leader in pest control.
Our Hiring Process... Knowing what to expect when job hunting is always a welcome relief. Our process for this position includes the following steps:
Upon successful completion of training, pest technicians will receive their own company vehicle with gas card for all work-related driving. Technicians will also be scheduled routes in accordance to their location of residence to reduce drive time and be as efficient as possible. American Pest is a virtually paperless company - our technicians do not need to constantly drive to and from the office.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC
American Pest is a Drug-Free Workplace