Bilingual Nutritionist | Registered Dietitian for Specialty Clinic1 Vacantes
Nutritionist en Immokalee, Florida
- Categoría: Healthcare
- Subcategoría Nutritionist
- Localidad: Immokalee
- Activo desde: 17/10/2020 - 19:14:05 pm
- Cantidad de Vacantes: 1
Healthcare Network is seeking aNutritionist| Registered Dietitianto join our team. Since 1977, our private non-profit Federally Qualified Health Centers have broken barriers to provide healthcare to our neighbors in need. Today, we proudly serve as a medical and dental home to approximately 50,000 patients throughout Collier County!
As a patient-centered medical home, Healthcare Network is a resource for prevention, wellness and quality healthcare. Committed to treating the whole person in both mind and body throughout the life cycle our services include family care, children's care, HIV/AIDS treatment, senior care, women's care, dental care, pharmacy and integrated behavioral health. We are accredited by the Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Care (AAAHC) and are certified by AAAHC as a medical and dental home.
Healthcare Network offers our care team members a competitive wage, comprehensive benefit package and the opportunity to serve in a mission-minded organization. For more information on our community organization, visit our website at www.healthcareswfl.org
The primary purpose of this position is to assess the nutritional need of patients, maintain all records and Plan of Care, assure quality nutritional services are provided on an on-going basis as a component of our Ryan White Program (https://hab.hrsa.gov/about-ryan-white-hivaids-program/about-ryan-white-hivaids-program).
The incumbent will be working in collaboration with our physicians to develop a well-rounded nutritional program for patients, involved in the weight management program onsite and individualized nutritional plans for those who desire weight management service, and with other dietary needs.
Responsibilities and Standards:
- Conducts a nutrition assessment, which includes obtaining a detailed nutrition history, review of risk factors, labs, and medical history and nutrition behaviors contributing risk.
- Consults with Providers to determine patient's nutrition risk and needs.
- Discusses results of nutrition assessment with patient, identifying areas where patient can decrease health risks.
- Educates patient in nutrition principles, dietary plan, food selection, and preparation using available resources including but not limited to handouts, videos, web based resources, classes and others.
- Establishes goals and objectives with patient to meet the nutrition care plan.
- Develops and implements plan of care and correlates plan with other healthcare professionals.
- Documents nutrition care plan and progress into patient's medical records.
- Plans and presents nutrition wellness programs based on needs of site. This includes development of program, marketing and evaluation
- Job duties involve conceptual analysis and the resolution of complex problems and situations. Most responsibilities are stated in terms of objectives to be reached, instead of the specific means by which results are to be achieved. Situations will be encountered that involve the need to determine the problem itself before solutions are proposed.
- Written and verbal communication skills are essential to job performance, including providing both technical factual information and the objective and subjective analyses of the information. Those receiving the information may be emotional or uncooperative, requiring the employee to resolve the conflict or diffuse tension.
- May be required to perform the duties of other employees, including supervisors/managers, in their absence.
- May be required to perform duties and responsibilities not listed in this description, on a temporary or long-term basis
- Education/Training Level:
- Bachelor's degree in nutrition or related field
- Experience as a registered dietitian in a clinical setting
- Licenses & Certifications:
- Hold a current License to practice in Florida
- Registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association
- Additional certifications in wellness/fitness specialties a plus.
- Communication Skills:
- Experience in public speaking and presentations
- Ability to counsel/teach in one on one or small group setting
- Bi-lingual Spanish/Creole Required
- Technology Skills:
- Effectively utilize Microsoft Office
- Strong understanding of Electronic Health Records