Temporary Lab Assistant1 Vacantes
Entomologist en St Charles, Illinois
- Categoría: Life Science
- Subcategoría Entomologist
- Localidad: St Charles
- Activo desde: 13/01/2021 - 15:31:04 pm
- Cantidad de Vacantes: 1
Clarke is seeking independent, self-motivated, detail-orientated, safety focused and environmentally conscious individualsto join us fora rewarding lab assistant positionat our St. Charles, ILlocation. Positions are ona rotating basis with eachopportunity lasting up to 10 months (not to exceed 1,500 total hours of work). Some positions may run for a shorter period of time.
Our lab assistants are responsible for assistingour Product Innovation and Field Sciences teamwithfield and laboratory research projects. This includes the formulation and testing of active ingredients and products on mosquitoes, which are important vectors ofdisease.
Our labs are monitored 365 days a year, each assistant working up to 40 hours per week. If working in the field the hours could exceed 40 hours/week.
The shifts for lab work would be 5 days/week which includes weekend and holiday work.
Field work will require out of state travel and shifting work schedules.
Hourly pay is $13.00/hour
An ideal candidate has a degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Entomology or Environmental Science/Public Health.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct assigned field and laboratory experiments, which include measuring the efficacy of products on various mosquito species (adult and larvae), GLP studies (training will be provided), and assist with the collection of data.
- Opportunity to participate in department meetings to learn advance knowledge of:
- Product development
- Sharing of new ideas
- Experimental design
- Critical thinking, trouble shooting, and problem solving
- Calculate concentrations, molarity, percent solutions, and/or parts per million (ppm) in solution.
- Support the daily maintenance of the mosquito insectary
- Perform daily inspections of equipment to verify working condition and communicate any issues to supervisor
- Document and communicate daily work accurately
- Ensure safe work practices and procedures are followed at all times
- Travel is required to conduct field research
Successful Candidates Must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a B.S. degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Entomology, Environmental Science/Public Health or similarly related field.
- Communicate effectively in English in both written and verbal forms
- Proficient with computers
- Have a valid Driver's License with an excellent driving record
- Candidate must be comfortable performing assigned duties in the field where environmental conditions are affected by weather
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Clarke is a privately held public health, global environmental products and services company. For almost 75 years, Clarke has been making communities around the world more livable, safe and comfortable. We do this by pioneering, developing and delivering environmentally responsible public health mosquito control and aquatic services to help prevent disease, control nuisances and create healthy waterways. Our global customers include governments, commercial and residential groups and international institutions such as UNICEF, and U.S. AID.
Working at Clarke, you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. You will learn from some of the most talented people in your field and make an impact on the world around us. With Clarke, you join an innovative and passionate team where people are the heart and soul of the organization, working together to create an environment where the employees thrive and nature flourishes.
We offer a team atmosphere where each individual can and does make a difference.
Clarke is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.