HEAD START - TEACHER ASSISTANT1 Vacantes
Head Start Teacher en Monroe, Michigan
- Categoría: Education
- Subcategoría Head Start Teacher
- Localidad: Monroe
- Activo desde: 11/09/2019 - 07:23:20 am
- Cantidad de Vacantes: 1
Head Start/Teacher Assistant
Head Start - Ida Elementary
Monroe County Intermediate School District-website
REPORTSTO: Head Start/Early Head StartDirector
AVAILABLE: School year Full-Day session position available September 9, 2019. 189.5 days (includes 10 holidays) Work schedule Monday-Thursday 7:45 a.m. - 3:15 p.m;Fridays 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.; Work schedule based on Head Start calendar
SALARY & BENEFITS: Wage: $12.31 per hour. Benefits: Single medical, vision and dental
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist teacher in carrying out the goals, policies and activities designed to implement educational objectives and performance standards.
- Maintain accurate records on all children assigned to the program.
- Assist teacher in developing materials and providing activities related to the cultural background of the children and families served.
- Help supervise at mealtime, eating with the children to encourage good nutrition and proper social skills.
- Takes charge of the class in the teacher's absence.
- Assist teacher in home program implementation.
- Exhibit flexibility and patience when dealing with staff and students.
- Exhibit ability to work independently within guidelines established by the teacher and administration.
- Maintain confidentiality of information. pertaining to students and program.
- Demonstrate warmth, concern, care and enthusiasm, as well as a genuine interest in students.
- Must maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Must follow work rules.
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable, daily transportation.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, waist high.
- Adhere to MCISD guidelines and policies.
- Carry out all other responsibilities that may be assigned by the Director.
- An associate's degree (AA) in Early Childhood Education or Child Development or the equivalent; or
- A valid classroom CDA credential; or
- An existing 120 clock-hour approval letter from the Michigan Department of Education.
- Previous experience as a teacher aide for preschool age children preferred.
- Knowledge of the purpose of the Head Start Program.
- Knowledge of local resources, customs and languages, helpful.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with preschool students.
- Good verbal, math and grammar skills.
- Ability to work with typically developing children and children with disabilities
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- A Michigan and FBI criminal history check, post job offer and prior to employment. The processing fee of $43.25 is the responsibility of the applicant.
- Childcare Background Check through the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs post job offer and prior to employment.
HEALTHREQUIREMENTS: Physical Exam and TB Test, post job offer and prior to hire; cost is the responsibility of the applicant.
WorkingConditions:PHYSICALDEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is frequently required to bend at the neck more than the average person. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The employee needs to be able to tell where a sound is coming from will regularly sit, and occasionally walk and stand. The employee will frequently drive while performing the duties of the job. The employee will continuously interact with the public, other staff and students. The employee may be required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job the employee will occasionally hear conversation in a quiet and/or noisy environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and is a standard acceptable level for this environment. The employee must work with public and other staff, continuously meeting multiple demands from several people.The employee may be responsible for the safety andwell-being of students.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL FILLED
ONLY APPLICANTS WHO SUPPLY THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS OUTLINED BELOW AND FULLY COMPLETE THE APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED
Current Monroe County Intermediate School District employees who meet the qualifications must complete or update theonline application at www.monroeisd.us to be considered. (Click on "Employment" and "Frontline Education - Applicant Tracking" and follow instructions to apply for this position.) Supporting documents required (resume', 3 letters of reference, and applicable certifications/license) must be uploaded with the application.
Must complete online application at www.monroeisd.us. Click on "Employment" and "Frontline Education - Applicant Tracking" and follow instructions to apply for thisposition through the Applitrack on line employment portal. Faxed or mailed applications willnot be accepted. Supporting documents required (resume, transcripts, 3 letters of reference, and applicable certifications/license) must be uploaded with the application.
Contact Information:Human Resources Department
Monroe County Intermediate School District
1101 S. Raisinville Road
Monroe MI 48161
Phone: (734) 322-2642
The Monroe County Intermediate School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, religion, disability or handicap.