Nutritionist en Lansing, Michigan
- Categoría: Healthcare
- Subcategoría Nutritionist
- Localidad: Lansing
- Activo desde: 17/10/2020 - 19:14:06 pm
- Cantidad de Vacantes: 1
CACS, Inc. Head Start and Early Childhood Programs is now hiring a full-time Nutritionist in Lansing, MI!
- Paid Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
- Paid Snow Days, Holidays
- Set Schedule - no nights and no weekend work
- Benefit eligible
- FREE Dental and Vision Insurance
- Helps implement nutrition services that identify and meet the nutritional needs of and accommodate the feeding requirements of children, including children with special dietary needs.
- Conducts growth screening to identify and follow-up on children whose growth pattern may be of nutritional concerns.
- Conducts on-site monitoring of classrooms to ensure compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, CACFP requirements, and child care licensing rules. Provides technical assistance and corrective action plans as needed.
- Provides training in early childhood nutrition, food safety/sanitation, special dietary needs, and CACFP, as directed.
- Provides input into the planning and evaluation of menus.
- Consults with families and who have nutritional concerns about their child's growth, feeding challenges, eating habits, food allergies, or other special dietary needs.
- Assists nutrition coordinator with nutrition-related tasks or projects, as needed.
To be successful in this role, you must possess:
- Registered dietitian (or RD eligible) or possesses a Master's Degree (MPH or MS) from an approved program in public health nutrition
- Preferred knowledge in early childhood nutrition and working with low-income families.
- Preferred knowledge of food safety and sanitation guidelines (ServSafe certified)
- Preferred knowledge of the CACFP (Child and Adult Care Food Program)
Why employees at CACS, Inc. say they LOVE coming to work:
- "Coming to work every day is like a new learning experience. I truly enjoy working with children and being a role model in their lives. I appreciate my job and that is why I come back."
- "The children! If I am having a bad day, one hug from one of my children and it's all worth it."
- "We are family and we work together to better the families we work for. CACS, Inc. respects us and the work we do."
- "I think it is great that the staff, family advocates and supervisors work together with children, parents and staff."
- "We have snow days!"