Dredge Operator - Grand Island, NE1 Vacantes
Electric Boat en Grand Island, Nebraska
- Categoría: Transportation
- Subcategoría Electric Boat
- Localidad: Grand Island
- Activo desde: 09/11/2019 - 08:07:25 am
- Cantidad de Vacantes: 1
Job ID: 159780
As a major supplier of aggregates in Nebraska since 1921, Central Sand and Gravel Company, A CRH Company, has a long history as a mainstay of construction and development projects throughout the state ? even supplying aggregates for one of Nebraska?s very first concrete paving projects.
Summary Responsible for operating the dredge efficiently and effectively to maximize production while at all times maintaining a safe work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operate dredge to excavate sand and gravel from lake bottom.
- Conduct a complete pre- and post-shift safety inspection, ensuring all systems are functioning properly.
- Monitor density and flow meters to maintain maximum feed rate to the processing plant.
- Constant monitoring of controls, gauges and depth meters to ensure optimal dredge operation.
- Visually monitor production area for changes in material quality.
- Maintain dredge availability to meet or exceed planned efficiency goals.
- Perform high levels of maintenance and servicing on dredge with little assistance.
- Raises and lowers the suction ladder of the dredge with electric or hydraulic hoist.
- Changes the location of the dredge in the lake with hydraulic or mechanical cable winches.
- Operates a work boat to and from the dredge.
- Communicate with plant operators when changes in feed rate or product quality occur.
- Communicate with plant management on all safety and maintenance needs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America?s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you?re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Central Sand and Gravel Company, A CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.