Entry Level Mechanical Engineer - Submarine Core Design1 Vacantes
Entry Level Mechanical Engineering en Niskayuna, New York
- Categoría: Engineering
- Subcategoría Entry Level Mechanical Engineering
- Localidad: Niskayuna
- Activo desde: 15/01/2020 - 06:40:40 am
- Cantidad de Vacantes: 1
Submarine Core Design offers unique opportunities to perform structural evaluations of complex components both in support of the operating fleet and ongoing manufacturing efforts. There is a large variety of different analyses performed in support of our hardware, which provides a significant learning opportunity. Analyses are performed using commercial codes, such as ABAQUS, in-house developed codes, and hand calculations. Also, there is a mix of long-term projects and quick turn-around tasks. The successful candidate will have ownership of their analyses and the necessary interactions with all stakeholders. The unit supports continued use evaluations, service life extension requests, trouble record evaluations, and manufacturing submittals.
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year relevant experience
Job Preferred Skills
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with ABAQUS.
- Experience with computer scripting languages such as Fortran, Matlab, Perl etc.
- Ability to work on and coordinate efforts of a team
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Workforce Diversity.