Environmental Compliance Engineer1 Vacantes
Environmental Engineering en West Milton, New York
- Categoría: Engineering
- Subcategoría Environmental Engineering
- Localidad: West Milton
- Activo desde: 15/01/2020 - 06:40:56 am
- Cantidad de Vacantes: 1
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory Environment, Safety and Health Division is looking to expand their team. We are seeking an Environmental Engineer with a background in environmental regulations and implementation who is willing to join a dynamic environment and a great team!
This job offers opportunity to complete the following tasks:
- Performs development and/or follow of programs or projects to ensure compliance with operational, design, regulatory and Program requirements. Examples include performing work document reviews, engineering evaluations, or analyses to support assigned tasks.
- Provides subject matter expertise in environmental, safety, and health to support safe and compliant execution of work activities. The environmental scope includes stormwater, wastewater and waste permits, a drinking water system, sanitary treatment plant, wetlands, air emissions and chemical management.
- Work may include providing interface, independent oversight and assessment of NNL, Subcontractor, and vendor facility operations, material evaluations, design reviews, review of engineering methods, participation in development of innovative ideas, and oversight of major site system and facility operations.
- Preparation and maintenance of records and reports to meet regulatory and program requirements, evaluate and assess site performance, perform surveillances, clarify and implement regulatory requirements, prepare, review and approve technical work procedures and identify improvements to existing processes.
- May lead inspections and interface with outside regulatory agencies (e.g., NYSDEC, EPA, NYSDOH).
- Bachelor?s degree in a technical, engineering or science-related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years relevant experience; or
- Master?s degree in a degree in a technical, engineering or science-related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years relevant experience
- Bachelor?s degree in a technical, engineering or science-related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of six years relevant experience; or
- Master?s degree in a degree in a technical, engineering or science-related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years relevant experience
Job Preferred Skills
The ideal candidate for this position will possess some or all of the following skills and experience:
- Experience in determining application of new and existing environmental regulations to existing operational processes, and upcoming designs. Ability to coach junior personnel in these skills.
- Experience in assessing operations and ongoing work tasks for compliance with multiple environmental requirements simultaneously.
- Ability to work with production and engineering organizations to ensure environmental compliance while operating efficiently and improving processes.
- Experience in sampling and quality protocols applicable to environmental permits.
- Understanding of State and Federal environmental requirements and policies applicable to industrial operations.
- Ability to work in a multi-organizational, fast paced environment with potential to respond to emergent requests and situations.
Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Workforce Diversity.