Fire Protection Engineer, Facilities Operations1 Vacantes
Facilities Engineer en West Milton, New York
- Categoría: Engineering
- Subcategoría Facilities Engineer
- Localidad: West Milton
- Activo desde: 15/01/2020 - 06:41:07 am
- Cantidad de Vacantes: 1
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory Site Facility Engineering unit at the Kesselring Site is seeking an experienced Fire Protection Engineer!
About the role:
Mentor engineers and develop the Naval Reactors fire protection program.
Review the design and maintenance of fire protection systems including alarm and detection, water and gaseous suppression systems, fire and life safety code reviews, and fire hazard analysis.
Utilize Department of Energy Fire Protection Programs, the Building Code set for New York State and associated reference standards, NFPA standards
Develop engineering documents (e.g. engineering analysis, technical specifications, functional requirements, cost estimates, maintenance requirements, engineering drawings, etc.)
The successful candidate should be comfortable working in a self-directed environment with minimal guidance from their manager and the Fire Code Official.
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of six years relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years relevant experience
- BS degree in engineering or Bachelor's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of nine years relevant experience; or
- MS degree in engineering or Master's degree in a science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of seven years relevant experience
Required at either level:
Ability to meet the Naval Reactors Program requirements of a Qualified Fire Protection Engineer.
Job Preferred Skills
Degree in Fire Protection Engineering/Fire Science
Four years of progressive engineering practice, three of which were in responsible charge of diverse fire protection engineering work.
Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification or Professional Engineer (PE) registration
Strong interpersonal and teaming skills
Coordination of multi-discipline teams
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Familiarity with appropriate engineering software computer tools
Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Workforce Diversity.