LOGISTICS & TRANSPORTATION MANAGER1 Vacantes
en Jefferson, Ohio
- Localidad: Jefferson
- Activo desde: 12/10/2019 - 23:02:07 pm
- Cantidad de Vacantes: 1
As one of the four members of the branch leadership team, the Logistics / Transportation Manager oversees and manages all transportation operations and shipping/distribution functions. Those responsibilities involve truck routing, driver payroll, operational and financial reporting, maintenance coordinator, driver logs, carrier negotiation, customer service, and supervision of Loaders and Drivers.
Metal Sales is the nation's largest manufacturer of metal roofing and building systems with 21 locations across America. Our Jefferson, OH facility produces and distributes quality products for our valued regional customers.
Let us tell you about the responsibilities and expectations of this role to ensure we are the right fit for each other.
You?ll be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Managing the Jefferson plant?s in-house transportation fleet (9 Drivers) by developing a productive and cost effective shipping and trucking schedule and partnering with common carriers as needed
- Monitoring and maintaining all transportation records including driver logs, fuel receipts, and vehicle maintenance schedules
- Providing world-class customer service to Metal Sales customers inquiring about delivery status
- Creating department operating budgets, standard operating procedures, and other administrative support such as yearly performance evaluations, scheduling, and payroll
- Fostering a great place to work environment for direct reports (Truck drivers and Loaders) by recruiting top talent, coaching, training, and supporting the transportation team
- Ensuring the team works in a safe environment by following all Metal Sales safety policies, conducting quarterly Driver safety meetings, and adhering to all regulations established by Federal and State governing bodies
The most qualified candidates will have:
- Two years in a management/supervisory role preferably in the trucking industry and/or shipping receiving
- Working knowledge of Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) rules and regulations
- Associate?s degree in logistics or related field or two years equivalent transportation supervision/management experience
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, and proficiency in Microsoft Office and other software platforms
- A desire to work in a hands-on team oriented environment with a ?can do? attitude
What we can offer you:
- Great work environment with a stable privately owned company
- Opportunities for skill set expansion and career growth
- Competitive pay with annual bonus opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision ? effective on your first day
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with company match
- Wellness program
We appreciate you reviewing our opportunity and look forward to receiving your resume!
Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M | F | D | V