Engineer Packaging Systems1 Vacantes
Packaging Engineer en Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Categoría: Engineering
- Subcategoría Packaging Engineer
- Localidad: Hershey
- Activo desde: 15/01/2020 - 06:43:23 am
- Jornada: Full Time
- Tipo de Contrato: Employee
- Cantidad de Vacantes: 1
- Educación Mínima: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Location: Hershey, PA
The Engineer will be a member of the Packaging Systems Engineering group supporting the Global Operations Engineering Group and will be based in Hershey, PA. This position utilizes all aspects of conceptual engineering design, cost estimation techniques, system and project proposal development, supplier evaluations, equipment and system installation and start up, and successful transition of the system to the plant operating and maintenance staff.
This position requires domestic travel (depending on projects, travel can range from 30-50 percent) at times to support on-going business needs. International travel would only be for equipment research if we source international (which is typically 1 week in duration) and varies by project.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide technical analyses, develop alternatives (cost estimates, feasibility, specifications, and interpretation of requirements) and prepare recommendations, if required.
- Design and provide the optimal packaging solution for a given project. These solutions will include packaging and control support for all phases of the capital projects including development of system concepts, design, cost estimating, system installation, check-out, commissioning, training, and successful transition of deliverables, including system operation manuals, maintenance documents, and technical knowledge to the plant staff as defined in Hershey?s Project Management process.
- Demonstrate a willingness to identify process and manufacturing alternatives that meet new business requirements or establish functional excellence.
- Evaluate and participate in cross-functional processes in order to diagnose root cause issues and provide options for resolution.
Must have basic understanding and/or knowledge of the following:
- Common packaging materials used in the food packaging industry
- High speed flow wrapping
- Secondary packaging such as carton and tray loading, statistical scales and bagging equipment
- Tertiary packaging such as case packaging and palletizing
- Machine and equipment design
- Servo and control technology
Must have some combination of knowledge and basic experience in the design, application, and maintenance of:
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's) (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, etc.)
- Electrical and electronic industrial instrumentation
- Automation and process control
- Industrial computer systems and networks
- Distributed control systems
- Other automation, electrical power, computer, and control technologies
- Proven experience with AutoCAD and Excel desired
- Hands-on problem solver, focusing on detailed problem resolution and documentation
- Must possess the ability to understand and apply sound engineering solutions keeping in mind costs, schedules and operational performance
- Exhibit sound judgment, understanding and proficiency in the development of engineering solutions and have the ability to effectively evaluate, communicate and build consensus cross-functionality associated with recommendations on increasingly complex and fast paced projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills are critical
- Must have strong PC skills
- Ability and willingness to work effectively in a diverse, disciplined team environment and work with limited supervision
- Must have the demonstrated potential to accept new and challenging work assignments
- Must possess demonstrated basic technical knowledge in the packaging controls arena
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering required (Mechanical / Electrical / Mechatronics /Engineering Technology majors preferred)
- A minimum 2 years of experience with related co-op/ internship experience is required.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans