Production Assistant - entry level1 Vacantes
Production Assistant en Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
- Categoría: Media
- Subcategoría Production Assistant
- Localidad: Chambersburg
- Activo desde: 13/01/2021 - 15:48:09 pm
- Cantidad de Vacantes: 1
Apply now »Production Assistant (Overnight) Manufacturing
Shift: Nights ? 12 hours shifts
*Rotating 12-hour night shifts, where every other weekend is a 3-day weekend!
Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that can be found at national and regional restaurants, hospitals and universities, movie theatres and major retailers in the U.S. and in more than 60 countries. At 15 manufacturing sites across North America, Ventura Foods creates dressings and sauces, mayonnaises, margarines, and oils that help our customers create great-tasting flavors with high-quality ingredients. Those same high-quality ingredients go into our own set of branded products, such as: Marie?s® dressings, LouAna® oils, Dean?s® dips and Gold n? Soft® spreads. Our company is headquartered in Brea, California with operations across the U.S, Canada, Mexico, the Philippines and Singapore. Regardless of your role, function or location, at Ventura Foods, you'll be part of a supportive team dedicated to helping our customers delight their customers.Why Join Us?
Ventura Foods offers career growth opportunities, on-the-job training, as well as a full suite of benefits beginning on your first day for eligible employees, including:
- Profit Sharing and 401k Matching (after eligibility criteria is met)
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time, and Holidays
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Medical & Prescription Coverage
- Dental & Vision Benefits
- Basic and Supplemental (AD&D) Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
No experience necessary, paid training provided! Currently hiring for regular full-time employees to join our team. Ventura foods offers on-the-job-training, opportunities for overtime, a full suite of benefits (beginning on your first day), as well as employee appreciation events. Production Assistants are critical to growing business success and helping our customers delight their customers by assisting in making quality products. In this job you will assist in operating filling line to complete products for customer orders. Production Assistants work in a manufacturing environment following appropriate policies and procedures to ensure successful execution of position responsibilities.Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs packaging of finished product packages (i.e. makes up corrugated boxes and partitions, packs finished product in boxes, seals cases manually, labels or stencils finished cases with proper identification, and places finished cases on pallets using pre-determined case placements) and makes minor machine adjustments
- Assists in operating filling line equipment and packaging equipment, does general inspections of products during operation and packs off finished product
- Monitors product cases to ensure proper weight and accurate packaging components and machinery for film splices, breakage, and machinery jams and reports them to the service machine operator immediately
- Prepares work area for production and keeps it clean and orderly throughout the work shift, places damaged product packages into proper containers and discards trash
- Starts and stops production equipment to which assigned during the shift and maintains daily report on product, brand, type and quantity produced
- Support the SQF program and promotes food safety by maintaining housekeeping in immediate area and contributes to an audit ready department
- Responsible for following all food safety policies, procedures and regulatory criteria including the current SQF code, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and associated preventive controls
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to read and understand standard instructions and to work effectively with others
- Self-starting, self-directing and exercises good judgment and decision making skills
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.