Juvenile Detention Officer - Male Only - Juvenile Probation1 Vacantes
School Crossing Guard en Richmond, Texas
- Categoría: Protective Services
- Subcategoría School Crossing Guard
- Localidad: Richmond
- Activo desde: 12/10/2019 - 21:09:18 pm
- Cantidad de Vacantes: 1
Maintains care, custody, and control of juveniles in custody at the Juvenile Detention facility. Participates in planning of programs, policies or objectives for own work group and department. Male Applicants Only.Responsibilities
Provides care of residents in accordance with established policies and procedures. Provides safe living environment for residents. Transports residents to court, doctors appointments and placements as needed. Searches incoming residents for items not permitted. Supervises recreation of residents in accordance with procedures. Restrain residents when required. Participates in activities and duties related to emergency management during a local state of disaster as directed by appropriate county managers.Qualifications
High School Diploma/GED; Must be 21 years of age or older. One year job related experience; (residential supervision preferred). Good computer skills; strong organizational, verbal and written communications skills; strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with the public and other employees. Eligible to be a Certified Detention Officer. Valid Texas Driver?s License; CPR, First Aid, Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Certification. Availability for shift work and weekends. Male applicants only.
SALARY RANGE: Civilian Services Grade 7/2, $1,253.60 - $1,441.60 biweekly based on qualifications
CLOSING DATE: Upon filling position
For certain positions requiring certification, state standards shall disqualify an applicant if their criminal history reveals:
1) A felony conviction against the laws of this state, another state, or the United States within the past 10 years; a deferred adjudication for a felony against the laws of this state, another state, or the United States within the past 10 years or current felony probation or parole
2) A jailable misdemeanor conviction against the laws of this state, another state or the United States within the past 5 years; a deferred adjudication for a jailable misdemeanor against the laws of this state, another state, or the United States within the past 5 years or current misdemeanor probation or parole
3) Registered as a sex offender under Chapter 62, Texas Code of Criminal Procedure.
All full-time and part-time employees are members of the Texas County District Retirement System (TCDRS).
Full-time employees also enjoy a wide-range of great benefits.
Fort Bend County is an equal opportunity employer, committed to non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy status (including childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, political affiliation or beliefs, or any other classification protected by state, federal and local laws, unless such classification is a bona fide occupational qualification.
To be considered for employment, all interested candidates must complete the required Fort Bend County online employment application located at www.fortbendcounty.jobs