Sr. Epidemiologist: Real World Data & Analytics Synthetic Control Arm1 Vacantes
Epidemiology en Austin, Texas
- Categoría: Life Science
- Subcategoría Epidemiology
- Localidad: Austin
- Activo desde: 13/01/2021 - 15:31:06 pm
- Cantidad de Vacantes: 1
In the Information Age, data is the most valuable resource. If you can describe yourself as the powerful combination of data hacker, analyst, communicator, and advisor, our Data Specialist position is the right one for you. As a savvy liaison for our teams, you will create solutions and provide actionable insights that shape the future of our business.
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To learn. To consult. To think along with clients and partner with them to improve outcomes. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible.
At IBM Watson Health, we are laser focused on bringing this passion and intensity to healthcare, with the ultimate goal of improving healthcare outcomes for patients. We're looking for leaders who are passionate about changing the status quo and being part of solutions as pharmaceutical companies embrace the extraordinary technologies available in the 21st century to grow and expand the business model and success. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging healthcare problems?
This opportunity is on the Life Sciences Team, which focuses on using real world data and cutting edge analytic tools, as well as wrap around research and consulting services to drive value for Life Sciences companies across the pharma continuum (from discovery to post-commercialization). The sub-segments of the Life Sciences continuum that we serve include pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, medical devices companies, research organizations, and contract research organizations.
Your Role and Responsibilities - Senior Epidemiologist
Real World Data & Analytics Team
Synthetic Control Arm Practice Lead
In this role you will lead the design and implementation of research projects utilizing real world data to be used for regulatory submissions. Specifically, you will be leading a new practice to work with pharmaceutical clients to design and execute studies using synthetic control arms intended to advance regulatory submissions that will increase the speed to bring new medicines to market. You will need excellent analytical, strategic, leadership, collaboration and communication skills, as well as an entrepreneurial mindset, to work with and through others, to advance the use of synthetic control arms and other innovative regulatory strategies used to help move medicines through the clinical development and regulatory submission process faster and more efficiently.
- Develop proposals for clients that focus on the use of real-world data in studies that involve regulatory submissions, including:
- Synthetic control arms;
- Post-marketing safety studies; and,
- Label expansion studies.
- Lead subject matter expert focused interactions with customers, including coordination with the IBM customer facing team.
- Oversee project team members in the design and implementation of outcomes research and epidemiology studies that will be used in regulatory submissions.
- Collaborate with internal and external subject matter experts and teams of researchers, research leaders, programmers, analysts, and statisticians through the organization to design, win and successfully implement cutting edge projects.
- Prepare and review complex client deliverables that will be used in regulatory submissions including protocols, statistical analysis plans, interpretation of results, study reports and publications (abstracts, presentations, manuscripts).
- Ensure client satisfaction by anticipating client needs and meeting deliverable deadlines.
- Maintain a firm grasp of the competitive landscape to identify areas of differentiation, strengths, weaknesses, and growth.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong command of life sciences industry?s needs for real world data and analytics, such as evidence needs for drug development, regulatory and market access, commercial performance of medicines in market, and post market surveillance.
- Previous experience in conducting studies involving both primary data collection as well as the use of real-world data (e.g., insurance claims data and electronic medical record data).
- Deep experience in regulatory submissions involving real world data (reporting of adverse events, label expansion studies, post-marketing safety studies, communications with regulators).
- Demonstrated success in using synthetic control arms to advance regulatory submissions.
- Experience in presenting complex study design topics involving real world data to regulators and clients.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- PharmD/MPH/MS/PhD in epidemiology, health services research, or related field
- Exceptional proactiveness, problem-solving skills, and comfort with ambiguity.
- High results-orientation and commitment to quality.
- Ability to learn quickly and desire to take on increasing level of responsibility.
- Team-focused mentality and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present information clearly, persuasively, and at the appropriate level of detail.
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize, work under pressure/deadlines, and recognize areas of improvement to accomplish tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent people skills: the ability to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, third parties, including clients, and senior-level/executive management.
About Business Unit
IBM?s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM?s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments?with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you?re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities ? where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust ? where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM?s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0